What We Stand For
Through strategic partnerships and collaboration, the Human Resources Department attracts, recruits, develops, motivates and retains a high performing and diverse workforce while fostering a healthy, safe and productive environment.
We are a vibrant and prosperous region where everyone thrives and all things are possible.
We Serve Four Areas:
Health and Human Services:
Includes the divisions of Children and Family Services, Job and Family Services, and Senior and Adult Services.
- Division of Children and Family Services works to assure that children at risk of abuse and neglect are protected and nurtured within a family and with the support of the community.
- Division of Jobs and Family Services promotes economic self-sufficiency and personal responsibility for families by providing a broad range of quality services, including benefits such as Medicaid and food aid.
- Division of Senior and Adult Services empowers seniors and adults with disabilities to age successfully by providing resources and support that preserve their independence.
Consists of the IT Department, Human Resources Department, Public Works Department and the Fiscal Office.
- The Department of Information Technology provides system integration and IT solutions to clients within County government and other municipalities.
- Human Resources recruits and maintains the most qualified and motivated workforce for the County.
- The Fiscal Office oversees all financial activity and maintains the County's financial statements. They also develop and manage the County budget, property tax assessment, accounts receivable and payable, cash management, consumer services, and procurement.
- Public Works provides a safe, efficient and economical infrastructure system for residents, employees, businesses and visitors of Cuyahoga County.
Includes the Department of Public Safety and Justice Services, the Sheriff’s Office, Medical Examiner (former Coroner), Clerk of Courts, and the Law Department.
- The Department of Public Safety and Justice Services and the Sheriff’s Office provides public safety and justice service needs to the first responders, criminal justice agencies and organizations, and to the general public.
- The Clerk of Courts serves as the official record keeper for the Cuyahoga County Court System.
- The Medical Examiner is responsible for the duties of death investigations and determining the cause in cases of sudden, suspicious, and natural deaths.
- The Law Department reviews policies and contracts and provides legal advice to the County Executive, County Council, and to affiliated agencies.
Includes the Departments of Development and Regional Collaboration.
- Department of Development produces, directs, and implements programs and activities that benefit the expansion and enhancement of economic activity for the County’s residents, municipalities and businesses.
- Department of Regional Collaboration advances specific collaborative projects, identifies and communicates shared services opportunities, and convenes key parties for collaborations.