Mineral Rights can be described as the unseen value associated with a tract of land.
- If mineral rights are severed, i.e. the process of separating mineral rights from the surface rights, a new and separate chain of title for the mineral rights begins
- Oil and gas rights that have been separated are valued based on production of a well
- As with other assets, royalty rights come with a tax liability
- County Ad Valorem Tax is levied on producing wells to mineral owners
- They are billed and collected once a year
For more detailed information please call the Cuyahoga County Fiscal Department’s Appraisal Division at 216-443-4663.