The Sheriff's Department Warrant Unit arrests individuals with outstanding warrants in Cuyahoga County. The Warrant Unit produces many new investigations based upon its work in the community and assists other municipalities and police agencies with search warrants and arrest warrants.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Full-time execution and service of both felony and civil arrest warrants,
- Service of bench warrants issued by the Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court,
- Service of temporary protection orders (TPOs),
- Out of state prisoner extraditions,
- Apprehension of wanted fugitives throughout the jurisdiction of the Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Office.
The Warrant Apprehension Unit assists local, state and federal authorities by participating in crime intervention initiatives such as fugitive sweeps and traffic enforcement and the apprehension of subjects wanted by the Intensive Supervised Probation Unit (ISP), Sexual Offender Unit, and FBI Task Forces.