The Court Security Division consists of Deputy Sheriffs under the direct supervision of a Deputy Sheriff Sergeant. The Court Security Unit, Criminal Division’s responsibility is to provide safety and security for:
- Common Pleas Judges, their staff, and their courtrooms,
- The County Probation Department and staff members,
- The County Psych Clinic and staff members,
- All members of the public who come to the Court Towers, including jurors (through all phases of a trial), trial spectators, victims, witnesses, prosecutors, and attorneys,
- And the welfare and transport of all inmates from the County Jail to the courtroom.